1. What is the Glo Bumpa plan?
It is a prepaid price plan which gives 200% bonus on every recharge from N100 to call ALL networks in Nigeria
2. Who can avail of the Bumpa Package?
All new and existing prepaid customers
3. How do I migrate to Bumpa?
Dial *100*10*1# and when asked for the confirmation press 1
4. How much do I pay for calls on this plan?
Onnet call rate:50K/s
Offnet call rate:50K/s
5. What is the SMS rate for Glo Bumpa?
On-net SMS: N4/SMS
Off-net SMS: N4/SMS
6. Is there a rental fee on Bumpa?
7. What other benefits do I enjoy on Bumpa?
You enjoy 200% Bonus on every recharge from N100 and above. For example, if you recharge N100, you get N300 with N100 credited to your Main a/c and N200 credited to your promo a/c.
8. When do I get the 200% bonus?
The bonus is given INSTANTLY upon recharge
9. How do I check the bonus?
Dial #122*2# to check your Bumpa bonus
10. What is the validity of the Bonus given?
The bonus will expire as shown on the table below:
|Recharge Denomination (=N=)||Bonus(=N=)||Total Value (=N=)||Bonus Validity(Days)|
11. Is bonus volume cumulative?
Yes it is cumulative
12. Is bonus validity period cumulative
No it is not cumulative
13. Who can enjoy these benefits?
All Glo prepaid customers can enjoy these benefits by dialing the desired USSD code.
14. Do I get 200% bonus when I recharge through E-Top up?
You do not get 200% bonus on recharges made via E Top up.
15. What can I do with the Bonus given on recharge?
You can use you bonus to call ANY network in Nigeria, SMS to any network and also browse.
16. Can I transfer the bonus to other Glo subscribers?
No, you cannot transfer your bonus to any other customer.
17. Can I use my bonus to buy data plan?
No you cannot use your bonus to buy data plan. For example, if you load N1,000 and you get N3,000 i.e N1,000 in your Main a/c and N2,000 in your Bonus a/c, only the N1,000 in your Main a/c can be used to buy data plan.
18. Is there a limit to the number of times I can get bonus on recharge?
There is no restriction on the number of times bonus can be received as long as you are on the plan.
19. Can I still make calls when I’ve exhausted the 200% recharge bonus?
Yes you can. You’ll be charged 50K/sec on subsequent calls made after exhausting the 200% recharge bonus.
20. Can I still browse when I’ve exhausted the 200% recharge bonus?
Yes you can. You’ll be charged 5K/kb on further browsing after exhausting the 200% recharge bonus
21. At what rates do I get charged for the bonus?
Same as your normal call, SMS and data rate on the Glo Bumpa plan.
22. Can existing customers migrate to the Glo Bumpa package?
Yes. Existing customers can migrate to the plan using the USSD code *100*10*1#
23. Will new activations enjoy this tariff and benefits by default?
No. New activations are on a default tariff of Infinito. New as well as existing customers will have to dial the USSD migration code *100*10*1# to migrate to Bumpa.
24. Is there a migration fee?
1st migration in a month is free. Subsequent migrations within the same month cost N100
25. How can I de-register from the Bumpa package?
By dialing the respective USSD code of the new package to which you want to migrate.
26. What will happen to customers’ main account balance on migration out of Glo Bumpa?
Customer’s Main account balance will remain unchanged on migration out of Bumpa or the migration fee of N100 will be deducted from the Main account if the customer had previously migrated in the last 30 days.
27. What will happen to customers’ promo account balance on migration out of Glo BUMPA?
On migration out of the Glo Bumpa profile, Customer will lose the recharge bonus that accrued to it while being a Glo Bumpa customer.
28. Can a Glo BUMPA customer buy Biigy Packs and Jollof packs?
No. You can not buy both Biggy and Jollof packs.
29. Is Glo Bumpa a promotional offer?
No, Glo Bumpa is a prepaid tariff plan
30. When is the Glo Bumpa ending?
Glo Bumpa plan has no end date as it is a prepaid plan and not a promotional offer.
31. Where else can I get information on this offer?
You can visit our shops, dealer outlets, retailers, radio, and television or dial 124 for information