The Glo Job Alert is an SMS job alert service that sends daily job alerts to subscribers. It is powered by Cvdump Resources. Cvdump Resources is the largest online job database in Nigeria, averaging over 150 job posts on a daily basis.
Our platform currently delivers over 250,000 job alerts daily via emails. We therefore propose to replicate this using the sms medium in which case job seeker get job alert on their mobile phone on the go.
With the propose service The Glo Job Alert (This service is designed to alert job seeker on the latest job openings that match their profile. In addition to that, it also allows the subscriber to apply for the jobs instantly without internet connection or Blackberry service on a daily basis.
There are a number of online job search solutions and platforms that people subscribe to in their effort get help with their job search. In most or all cases, subscribers either go to the sites to search for job openings or they receive job alerts in their mail box.
Two major challenges are associated with the above mentioned approaches.
1. Firstly, the jobs usually come in general format, meaning that jobs not related to peoples career area are also sent to them.
2. Secondly, having received information of a job, subscribers must either have access to the internet or have BIS to send their cv to the recruiting organisation. So, if a subscriber happens to be in a location where there is poor or no internet connection, and they do not have BIS, they are not able to send their cv in response to those openings.
With Glo Job Alert, these challenges become history.
Glo Job Alert provides subscribers with daily alerts on available job openings to their mobile phones. Job alerts are sent to subscribers based on their specified career areas, so they only receive alerts that are relevant to the career choices.
With Glo Job Alert, subscribers don’t need access to e-mail via internet or have BIS to send applications. Subscribers simply send an sms from their phones to apply for jobs!. No internet connection or BIS required!
How it works:
1. Subscriber text SUB to 5544 to activate their phone to receive daily job alert..
2. Once subscribed a confirmation containing CV upload link and instruction will be sent to subscriber.
3. On the registration page, the subscriber input (name, email, username, password and select job type) then submit to upload subscriber’s information and CV is uploaded to the database.
On completion of user registration, subscription information is sent via SMS (ie “Registration Successful! To start receiving daily job alert Text SUB to 5544 for 2wks at the cost N50 only. Subscribers are charged when they subscribe.
A confirmation is sent by SMS that registration is complete and the subscriber will start receiving job alert.
Find sample alert on the fig 01 below. Basically the alert comes with the employer name, job title, location, required experience level, required qualification and the job code. In addition an instruction on how to apply via SMS to a short code is included.
Once application is sent, a request is sent to our server via the shortcode to fetch the candidate’s CV and sends it to the employer as an attachment, using two parameters (candidate’s number and the Jobcode).
The good thing is the candidate does not need to upload their CV every time they want to apply for a job since it has already been uploaded on the server during registration. However they can modify / Update their CV should there be need for it at anytime.
Subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the subscription period but a pre- charge notification is sent to the subscriber 48hrs to the end of subscription. Subscribers can stop subscription by keyword STOP OR UNSUB to 5544 at any time.