Link your National Identification Number (NIN) with your SIM registration data by filling the form here. The form should include your first name, last name, NIN and phone number. The NIN submitted here will be verified against NIMC database. You will be contacted if there are any issues with this verification for re-validation. Click here to fill form.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is NIN?
The National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number which identifies you as a Nigerian and is issued to you at the completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB) by NIMC. Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given or used by another person – that makes it unique in nature. All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enroll for their NINs.
2. What is NIMC?
National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is the legal body established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007 with the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria, register persons covered by the Act, assign a Unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multi-Purpose Cards (GMPC) to those who are citizens of Nigeria as well as others legally residing within the country.
3. How do I register for NIN?
You can register in any NIMC Enrolment Centre (ERC) close to you. Please visit the website www.nimc.gov.ng for a list of all enrollment centers nationwide.
4. How can I confirm my NIN number?
Upon successful enrolment, a Transaction Slip is issued. You are then informed when to come for collection of your NIN. A second slip called the National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is issued when you collect your NIN. The NIN Slip has your 11 Digit Number at the top left corner, second row. You can also dial *346# and press 1. Please note It is now Free of Charge.
5. Will I be charged for checking?
No, you will not be charged N20 only when you dial *346# then press 1.
6. Can I be registered in any Glo office?
Kindly visit the website https://www.nimc.gov.ng/nimc-enrolment-centres/ for the list of enrolment centers.
7. I have more than one phone number, how do I link them?
Kindly send NIN to 109 (e.g. 12345678903) using the phone number you wish to link or visit www.gloworld.com/ng/nin . All Glo numbers must send the message to 109.
8. Can you help me link my other GLO number?
Kindly send NIN to 109 (e.g. 12345678903) using the phone number you wish to link or visit www.gloworld.com/ng/nin . All Glo numbers must send the message to 109 in order to link their phone number with their NIN.
9. I got this message “Dear esteemed customer, your NIN has been successfully received”. Is this a confirmation that my NIN is updated?
No, it is just an acknowledgment of NIN receipt.
10. What is the verification code in the website link www.gloworld.com/ng/nin?
It is for security control and confirmation. Just any 2 numbers of your choice.
11. How will I know if my MSISDN is already updated with my NIN?
Glo will send a confirmation message when NIN is updated with MSISDN to all customers.
12. If I try it on my line and I am not registered, will I be charged N20?
No please. In such instance an error message will pop up on your phone to indicate that the transaction was not successful.
13. Why do i need the NIN number?
The NIN will be used to create records about an individual into the National Identity Database and is also used as a valid means of verifying and confirming individual identity.
14. I have misplaced my NIN card or slip, how can I collect another one?
Kindly visit any bank around you, pay a token of N500 through REMITA at any bank nearest to you; provide your Remita Teller to any NIMC Enrolment Centre (ERC) near you and request for a NIN slip print.
15. Will my line be blocked if my NIN is not captured?
Yes. The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has instructed all telecommunications operators to block all lines not paired with NIN Number by February 9th 2020.
16. I was able to view my NIN number on my bank app, why is GLO charging me N20?
Glo is no longer charging for this service.
17. Can i update my spouse, brother or parent NIN?
No, you cannot. It is a personal identification number. Everybody is to enroll for their NIN individually.
18. My SIM was registered with my voter card, and not national card. Am I going to be affected?
This directive is to all Nigeria citizens who are telecoms subscribers. Your NIN must be paired with your SIM database details. You can register at any NIMC Enrollment Centre close to you. Kindly visit the website www.nimc.gov.ng for the list of all enrollment centers nationwide.
19. People in diaspora, how and where will they register?
Kindly visit this site for registration center nearest to you https://ww3.nimc.gov.ng/diaspora.html
Licensed Partners for Diaspora Enrolment
The following Nigerian companies have been licensed to work with their respective partners across all countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America to carry out the enrolment of Nigerian adults and children in the diaspora into the National Identity Database:
• Biosec Solutions Limited – https://www.idcard.ng/
• CHAMS Consortium Limited – https://chamsplc.com/
• Dantata Universal Services/VFS Global – https://dantatauniversal.com/
• Defcon Systems Limited/OIS Services – https://defcon.com.ng/
• Electronic PayPlus Limited – https://epayplusng.com/
• File Solution Limited/EYE-ID LLC – https://identify.ng/
• IRIS Smart Technologies Limited – http://www.irissmart.com/
• Kevonne Consults Limited/Iris ID Systems Inc. – http://www.kevonneconsults.com/
• Knowledge Square Nigeria Limited – https://iqid.ng/
• National eAuthentication Limited/OIS Services – https://nea.com.ng/
• PayOne Solutions System Limited
• Slogani Consults Limited – https://www.sloganiconsults.com.ng/
• Thebez Global Resources/Cox & Kings – https://nin.thebezglobalresource.com/
• UGS Technologies Limited/OrangeHook African Continental/Carvus – http://www.ugsnigeria.com/
• Venn Technology Limited – http://www.nin-egypt.com/